We continue to plan for a resumption of holidays on board our cruisers and in our cottages from early July, in accordance with the most recent indications from Government – but in the mean time we are delighted that we were able to re-commence day boat hire with effect from 12th June 2020.
Over the past 3 months we have been considering how to adapt our hire operations once current restrictions have been lifted – not just in respect of social distancing and other coronavirus-related requirements, but to provide a superior customer experience for the future.
- We are producing safety videos for hirers to download and view before they arrive at the boatyard; as well as information to keep you safe on the water, the films provide a comprehensive “virtual handover” for your cruiser.
- We have implemented social distancing marks on areas where customers are likely to queue.
- While the current Coronavirus restrictions are in place, all hirers should be from the same household or support bubble.
- Our customer toilets (located in our car park) are cleaned and sanitised regularly, and hand sanitiser is available as you enter the toilet block – it is recommended that you sanitise your hands before and after using the toilet.
- There is also a hand sanitising station on the dayboat quay, and you should sanitise your hands before fitting buoyancy aids to yourself and your family.
- Our friendly staff will still be there to get you on the water and give you instructions on where to go and how to operate your boat – though they may be wearing gloves and face masks if social distancing cannot be maintained.
Cleaning & sanitisation
- All hard surfaces on board are cleaned and sanitised with a suitable anti-viral disinfectant conforming to EN14476, with particular attention paid to ‘high-touch’ areas such as steering wheels, throttle controls, seat backs, and seat cushions.
- Toilets are cleaned and sprayed with an anti-viral disinfectant
- Fabric upholstery is sanitised with a formulated fabric disinfectant.
Your return to the boatyard
- Our staff will instruct you on where to moor, and disembark your boat.
- All vessels are cleaned and re-sanitised after each hire.
- Our buoyancy aids, provided free to all customers, are also treated with a suitable anti-viral disinfectant after each hire period.
These additional measures have been introduced to keep you, and our staff, safe during your holiday with Norfolk Broads Direct.
For current coronavirus-related information on boating in the UK please see the full Government guidance.
We look forward to seeing you soon, as we move forward with the “new normal”.